Yasmin Mund is a multi-award winning travel and documentary photographer based in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, Australia. Yasmin’s travel, documentary, and fine art photography has been published internationally in Europe, UK, USA and Australia. Her photographic prints have been exhibited and sold worldwide.
Having only plied her trade for a couple of short years, Yasmin came to the public’s attention in 2016 through the critical success of her striking travel photography. The year prior saw Yasmin travel extensively throughout India, France, Greece, Egypt, Turkey and Morocco, with this solo photographic trip yielding many of her most popular works - including the multiple award winning photograph ‘Rooftop Dreams’.
Rooftop Dreams won Yasmin many accolades, including second place in National Geographic’s Travel Photographer Of The Year Award; grand prize in the International Travel Photographer Of The Year Award; and third place in Sydney’s prestigious Head On Photo Festival - who were so taken with her work that she was formally invited to present her debut exhibition as part of Head On Photo Festival 2017.
Yasmin is an ambassador for Slow Travel Magazine and believes in the philosophy of slow travel. Slow travel is about connecting with your surroundings – people, food, nature, and culture. As such, Yasmin has for the past three years facilitated and taught the photography program at a summer school for underprivileged girls in rural areas of Telangana State, India. This involved writing the summer school curriculum, training photography teachers, and overseeing the program that was taught across five camps of over 300 children.
Since returning to Australia, Yasmin has established a sustainable business as a freelance photographer delivering photographic services across various commercial disciplines, alongside continuing her travel, documentary and fine art photography projects. Working with brands such as Kenwood, KFC Australia, SBS Food, Makers Mark, Applejack Hospitality, Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel, Sails at Lavender Bay, Cake Wines and many more.
Yasmin is also a casual university tutor at Western Sydney University, teaching into the Design Visual Communications School as of 2017.
Yasmin frequently food styles, and produces larger scale shoot for Ogilvy Australia.
Yasmin's fine art prints available to purchase here.
- Second place, National Geographic Travel Photographer of The Year, ‘People’ category, 2016.
- Top 10 Travel Capture Magazine Australia's Emerging Photographers 2017
- Grand prize, International Travel Photographer Of The Year, 2016.
- Third place in Head On Photo Festival’s Landscape prize, 2016.
- Winner, ‘Six Continents’ category, Life-Framer, 2016.
- Feature, ‘World’s Top 8 Travel Photographers’, Sydney Morning Herald, Traveller Magazine, Sept 2016.
- Double page feature, Signature Luxury Travel & Style Magazine, Vol 21 June 2016.
- Winner, Blow Up ‘Travel’ category Winner of annual photography competition 2015.
- Short listed, National Geographic’s Annual Competition and National Geographic’s ‘Photo of the Day’, Oct 26th 2015.
- Award of Merit, International Association for the Study Of Dreams, USA 2015.
- 1/68 Photographers around the world depicting, Feature Shoot ‘Urban Living’ 2015.
- Finalist & The People’s Choice Award, Assistant & Emerging Photographer Awards, Sun Studios, Sydney Australia 2013.